Sunday, May 23, 2010
Spicy Shrimp and Corn on the Grill
We've been eatting lots of steaks for dinner lately and it's been great! I decided to change it up a bit because we have lots of meats in the freezer and I really didn't want them to go bad. I pulled out the raw shrimp and found a recipe that I wanted to try.
I did not have cayenne pepper in my pantry so I tried it with chili powder instead and it turned out really good. It was a little on the salty side so I definitely will try with less next time. The original recipe is from allrecipes.com, but here's my modified version:
* 1 large clove garlic
* 1/2 tablespoon or less coarse salt
* 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 teaspoons lemon juice
* 1 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. Preheat grill for medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, crush the garlic with the salt. Mix in cayenne pepper and paprika, and then stir in olive oil and lemon juice to form a paste. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with garlic paste until evenly coated.
3. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
I think the shrimp would taste really good on a sandwich with some lettuce and tomatoes. The flavor really reminded me kind of like the South, maybe I'm just a little inexperienced. :)