Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mini Cheesecake Bites

I've made these mini-cheesecake bites before.  It started out with being just for me.  Then I made them once for a Halloween party.  This is the 2nd time I've made them for the public.  I attended a wine tasting event with Andy and had to bring a dish.  I really didn't know what to bring because I never really did my research.  I just made something I was comfortable with.  These mini-cheesecake bites are the best for a party.  They're perfectly small and I don't feel as guilty eatting one of these as I do a slice of cheesecake.  :-)   I do have to say they aren't an ideal replacement for cheesecake, but they're perfect for parties!

This recipe is from Bakerella and it is so simple!   You can get the recipe here: Mini Cheesecake Bites.

The ingredients for the cheesecake bites are lemon juice, vanilla, sugar, eggs, and cream cheese. 


The crust of the cheesecake is actually vanilla wafers.  I didn't have the right size for the vanilla wafers, so I had to do a slight bit of modification with a cookie cutter.  The crust turned out much cuter:

They also fit so much better in the little cupcake liners:


Here is the finished product:



The shapes came out a bit wonky, but that was because I didn't let them cool long enough.  To cover it up a little bit, I added a piece of fruit on top of each bite.  Truthfully, I think the cheesecake tasted much better with the fruit.  It also made them look more presentable.  Comments welcomed!

No comments: