Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holiday Adventures

With the holidays coming up and a couple of office events, I've had more push to try a couple of new things.

First, I got a mini muffin maker from my mother-in-law. I'm actually really excited to use this gadget. My first trial with this was with a pre-mixed mixture for chocolate chip muffins. They cooked fairly quickly, but it was hard to get them out of the machine. I ended up using a spoon and some of them broke as seen in the picture below.


The other thing I tried is cinnamon hard candy. I've made hard candy before but never with a candy thermometer. I definitely do have to say it's worth paying for one.


My candy came out consistent and did not turn into a gooey mess in the mouth. It also didn't taste like a mouth full of sugar like my first time.


As for crafts, I can't really show any at the moment. I just sent out the 2009 12 days of Christmas swap. I will post pictures as they get opened. :) I will start working on my quilting now that one of my last craftster swap is done.

No comments: