Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day After Thanksgiving Break Cooking

I had a wonderful time in Hays, Kansas. It was nice to see Andy's family and my best friend from high school. It's back to reality now and I have to think about what's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. After seeing others cook dinner, I have gotten a much needed push to do more cooking at home.

For dinner tonight, I made Seafood Alfredo with Capellini pasta:

Ingredients
1 jar of Alfredo Sauce
1 bag (about 1 lb) of Seafood Blend
1 cup of mixed peppers (frozen and pre-cut)
Capellini Pasta

I first cooked the pasta according to the instructions on the bag, it took about 3 minutes after the water boiled. I then sauteed the seafood in some olive oil. I added the peppers after the seafood was cooked. Once the peppers had softened, I added the Alfredo sauce into the pan and let it cook on low-medium heat for a bit so that the sauce could inherit some of the seafood taste. Once everything was done, I added the pasta to the sauce.



After dinner, I decided to make some dessert. Most of it will probably be taken to work because Andy and I will eat it all and regret it later if we keep it at home. I decided to make Andy's mom's rice krispy treats since it's commonly asked for at work. :)

Rice Krispy Treats

Ingredients:


Unfrosted Rice Kripy Treats


Rice Krispy Treats Ready for Eatting



No comments: