Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate and Pecan Cookies


Pumpkin Spice Cookies With Chocolate 
and Pecans
Originally uploaded by carmenkchan19

This past Monday I attended a cookie exchange party at work. It was the first time I ever done one of these events before. It was a ton of fun. I wanted to make something unique and new. I also wanted something that would look nice.
I got this cookie recipe from bakerella.com. I sort of modified it a bit because I didn't have canned pumpkin, but instead I had canned pumpkin pie ready mix. It turned out pretty well. I just didn't use the spices that were listed in the recipe.
The frosting came out a bit different. I didn't heat the butter up over the stove because it was getting late. Instead, I melted it in the microwave. The frosting turned out pretty drippy, but it still solidified by the time morning rolled around.
The party overall was fun. I do have to say that I thought my cookies were one of the better ones. :)

No comments: