Saturday, January 9, 2010

Spicy Asian Noodles


Spicy Asian Noodles
Originally uploaded by carmenkchan19

I asked my mom for Asian noodles when she came for Christmas and I finally tried them out today. These noodles were really simple to cook with adequate English instructions on the back. My experience with Asian foods is the instructions because they are always in broken English. One day this gap will end. LOL!

We visited this Asian place in Hays, Kansas and the food was really good. I tried my best to sort of recreate the taste. The ingredients I used was zuccini, carrots, onions, corn, mushrooms, and imitation crab (I had a little left and wanted to use it before it went back). For the sauce, I used Huy Fong Siracha Hot Chili Paste (It's the hot sauce with the rooster picture), light soy sauce and some lemon juice. I really liked the overall taste, though it was a bit spicy for me. I guess I'm still trying to build my tolerance.

No comments: