Monday, January 11, 2010

My Version of Chicken and Biscuits

I like to cook whenever I can. I usually don't have the time on the weekdays, but do on the weekends.

I was looking through my fridge this weekend trying to get inspirations and I was very limited. I didn't want to go shopping because I am trying to use up the fresh produces before they go bad. This was what I pulled out of the fridge:

1. Red potatoes
2. Celery
3. Onions
4. Garlic
5. Chicken

6. Ready to bake biscuit
I was able to make my version of chicken and biscuits with the ingredients I pulled out. I cooked the first five ingredients in chicken broth. To thicken the liquid part, I added milk, butter, and flour. I found that it thickened pretty well when I brought everything to a boil and then let it simmer.
I'm still trying to find the correct ratios of milk, flour, and butter to liquid. I didn't use salt or anything because the butter I used was salted and that was plenty of salt for me. I added pepper for extra taste. :)

I hope I can recreate this dish again because it was very tasty.

No comments: