Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tucson Tamale Company

I had been craving tamales lately. I think it stems from the tamales I got last year from this guy dragging around a cooler. He was selling tamales his wife had made for very cheap. He only had two kinds, red or green. We got both, but I loved the green. We've been back to the shopping center where we saw this guy, however, we've haven't seen this guy again.

The Tucson Weekly just came out with the Best of 2009 list and they had one for Tamales. The winner was Tucson Tamale Company. We decided to try this out today, especially with my tamale craving. Between Andy and I, we were able to have 4 different Tamales - Jojo, Arizona, The Tucson Tamale, and Green Corn Tamale. We both got the tamale plate which came with a side and salsa. We both chose the green salsa made from tomatillo, cilantro, garlic and cumin. Food came out hot and very quickly. It was all very delicious and unique. Before leaving, we bought cold tamales for home. I hope that my microwave and or oven will produce as yummy ones as the ones we had today. I hope to try out the Thanksgiving one that I've been hearing so much about. :)

I think the only thing I have to complain about the Tucson Tamale Company is the hours. Most of the week they close at 7, and weekends at 5. With how long Andy and I work, I don't think we would ever be able to go there during the week. I think we will definitely visit this place again, if not for the hot plates, definitely for the cold tamales to go.

No comments: