Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Morning Baking

One of the things that I love to do other than knitting and crocheting is baking. I'm not super great at it, but I love to try different recipes. I wish I could make things pretty and become a pastry chef, but I'm not that talented.

Anyways, one of the things I got from Andy's mom is the Donut Bite - Mini doughnut maker.



I really didn't want it when she first offered it to us, but Andy did, so we took it. I didn't know what we'd do with it, and I really didn't have a recipe of any sort.

I decided to look a recipe one day online and try out the machine. The recipe I found sucked. It made the donuts too salty and extremely dry, even powder sugar couldn't cover up the saltiness. Halfway through the process, I decided to add some more stuff and made it much better. After a few attempts, I came up with the perfect recipe.

Mini Chocolate Chip Mini-Doughnuts
2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup mini morsel chocolate chips

1. Mix all the dry ingredients together except the chocolate chips
2. Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture
3. Stir in the chocolate chips
4. Lightly oil the doughnut device
5. Scoop mixture into the device and close lid
6. Doughnuts will be done after 2 minutes

It's now a Sunday tradition for me to make donuts. It starts off with the recipe at top, plus my wonderful mixer:



Some time for the gadget to work:



Some time for the doughnut to cool:



The doughnuts usually disappear before the next Sunday arrives because of my little tester. It definitely makes me extremely happy seeing how much my hubby enjoys them.


No comments: