Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Return of the Muffins!

It's been a while since I've made any muffins from the book.  I've been on somewhat of a diet and to avoid ruining it, I've been on a hiatus with baked goods.  I went on out of town these past few days and decided to leave my husband with some muffins. 

I made the Brandy and Peach muffins for him:

These muffins were really good!  I had to try one myself because they looked and smelled so good coming out of the oven!  They were not very sweet and had a good balance of brandy and peach in them.  The toughest part was just draining the peach and cutting them small.

I have also made the Jelly doughnut muffins from the book.  I totally forgot and never blogged about them.

These muffins were definitely not my favorite.  The jelly in all the muffins sunk close to the bottom.  It was a pain having to spoon the jelly and then cover it up with more batter.  I am definitely a bigger fan of the fruit muffins.

Wonder what muffin I will tackle next??

No comments: