Monday, April 6, 2009

Business Travel Trip - Day 1

I was assigned to go to Boston this week for work. Initially I was a bit scared at first to go because I was told I needed to be the expert because no one else was going to be there. I was warned that I couldn't mess up.

I was then excited after I had practiced what I was going to do on my trip. I have never been to Boston and I was excited to get seafood. It's so hard to get good seafood in Tucson.

The weather got progressively worse as I flew closer and closer to Boston. It was cold and dark when I left Tucson because it was so early. When I got to Chicago, the weather was cold. I saw snow on top of the roofs as my plane slowly descended into Chicago. I was glad that I didn't have to leave the comfort of the gate I arrived in. Although I was riding the same plane, I got off because I wanted something to eat and I needed to use the internet. I'm glad I did because I think that I would have gotten stir-crazy in the plane.

Next flight was from Chicago to Boston. The flight wasn't bad. During the first flight, I slept through the drink cart going by. This time I woke up just in time cuz the cart had just passed my row but the steward saw me wake up and let me have a Pepsi. :D I pretty much knit the rest of the flight because this flight was shorter than the last. The weather was extremely wet when we landed. I got my bag and proceeded my way to find a way to get to the rental car place. They don't make it easy here at the Boston airport but I managed to find it after I see a bus go by when I head out to the curb where it was rainy.

I had a bit of a difficulty getting out of the rental car place. I was trying to find a place to stop so that I could read the directions a bit, but I had no luck. I just kind of kept driving and during the stops of rush hour, I typed in my address. I took a wrong turn initially, but the GPS mmanaged to get me in the right direction. I had to pay 1 toll which wasn't too bad, but I do wonder if I had gone the right way, would I have had to pay it? Oh well.. Along the drive to the hotel, I think I drove through the most tunnels ever in one hour. There were so many merges and tunnels after tunnels, I was worried I was lost because the GPS kept losing its signal. After getting out of Boston, the drive wasn't too bad. There was a couple of really slowed down areas, but overall not too bad. The rain didn't stop at all and I was somewhat wet when I finally got into my room.

I've been able to slowly relax tonight after reading my work email and answering them. I'm enjoying free cable and free internet. I'm getting channels now that I don't get at home. The downfall is that I have to watch commercials. I got to have some pretty good dinner from a mexican restaurant close to the hotel. Overall it's not too bad, I hope that my first work day tomorrow will go good tomorrow.

Lastly, I'd like to post a picture from this past weekend. We got a new cat for Boba. The new cat is orange and was named Yaz, which we renamed Mango/Psycho. He's "Psycho" when he can't stop meowing or walking/running around the house.

Initially, the cats did not get along. Boba was very hesitant to be nice. Boba kept hissing and swatting at Mango till Mango and Boba got into a fight on the 2nd day we had Mango. Mango was pretty much locked up into a room till Boba finally relaxed and stopped hissing at everyone. We got Boba to be comfortable around Mango's door and decided the next day they needed to be together, which quickly happened when Mango figured out how to get out of the room he was in. Story short, the cats are doing good now. They wrestle a lot and sleep a lot. They don't do any kind of snuggling yet, but I'm sure that will be happening soon.

Mango is a much more rambuncious cat than Boba is. He gets on all the counter and into every nook and cranny that is opened to him. We figured out this weekend that he can get to the high shelves near the entry way. We figured this out when we found some stuff on the floor that was on the high shelf. We solidified this fact when we saw him up there as shown in the picture.

No comments: